Our Stage 2 Consultation was held from 23 October to 4 December 2017. The consultation has now closed.
We consulted with the local community, land/property owners, statutory bodies, government agencies, local interest groups and wider stakeholders on our plans to reopen the Portishead branch line and re-introduce passenger train services, as part of MetroWest Phase 1.
Report on the Stage 2 Consultation
Thank you to everyone who took part in the consultation. We have considered all the responses received and have published the report, available on the following page:
Details of our proposals are set out in the consultation leaflet which can be downloaded here:
The following documents were provided as part of the consultation and are available online at ‘The Consultation Documents’ page:
- Formal notice (under Section 48 of the 2008 Act) of the MetroWest Phase 1 DCO proposals
- MetroWest Stage 2 Consultation Leaflet outlining the proposals for the re-opening of the Portishead branch line as part of MetroWest Phase 1.
- Preliminary Environmental Information Report (PEIR), including a Non-Technical Summary of PEIR’s assessment of MetroWest Phase 1’s potential environmental impacts.
- Land Plan showing the land required for the MetroWest Phase 1 DCO proposals.
- Works Plan illustrating the proposed works for the MetroWest Phase 1 DCO proposals.
- Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders (TROs) Plan showing the temporary TROs proposed as part of the MetroWest Phase 1 DCO proposals.
- Permanent Traffic Regulation Orders (TROs) Plan showing the permanent TROs proposed as part of the MetroWest Phase 1 DCO proposals.
- Public Rights of Way (PROWs) Diversions Plan showing the PROWs to be diverted or stopped-up as part of the MetroWest Phase 1 DCO proposals.
- Visualisations illustrating what the MetroWest Phase 1 DCO proposals will look like at Portishead Station, Pill Station and Ashton Vale once the Portishead branch line has been re-opened.
- A Non-Technical Summary of the draft Development Consent Order for the re-opening of the Portishead branch line as part of MetroWest Phase 1.
How did we consult?
Further details on how we consulted during this period are published in a Statement of Community Consultation (SoCC). The SOCC can be viewed here:
MetroWest document archive
Historic documents about the MetroWest Phase 1 project – including the business case, consultation reports and environmental information – can be viewed by clicking the link below:
Please note that some of the information in these historic documents has now been superceded and may be out of date.