Our Stage 2 Consultation was held from 23 October to 4 December 2017. The consultation has now closed.
We consulted with the local community, land/property owners, statutory bodies, government agencies, local interest groups and wider stakeholders on our plans to reopen the Portishead branch line and re-introduce passenger train services, as part of MetroWest Phase 1.
Thank you to everyone who took part in the consultation. We will consider all the responses we received and will publish a report in early 2018.
Details of our proposals are set out in the consultation leaflet which can be downloaded here:
The following documents were provided as part of the consultation and are available online at ‘The Consultation Documents’ page:
- Formal notice (under Section 48 of the 2008 Act) of the MetroWest Phase 1 DCO proposals
- MetroWest Stage 2 Consultation Leaflet outlining the proposals for the re-opening of the Portishead branch line as part of MetroWest Phase 1.
- Preliminary Environmental Information Report (PEIR), including a Non-Technical Summary of PEIR’s assessment of MetroWest Phase 1’s potential environmental impacts.
- Land Plan showing the land required for the MetroWest Phase 1 DCO proposals.
- Works Plan illustrating the proposed works for the MetroWest Phase 1 DCO proposals.
- Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders (TROs) Plan showing the temporary TROs proposed as part of the MetroWest Phase 1 DCO proposals.
- Permanent Traffic Regulation Orders (TROs) Plan showing the permanent TROs proposed as part of the MetroWest Phase 1 DCO proposals.
- Public Rights of Way (PROWs) Diversions Plan showing the PROWs to be diverted or stopped-up as part of the MetroWest Phase 1 DCO proposals.
- Visualisations illustrating what the MetroWest Phase 1 DCO proposals will look like at Portishead Station, Pill Station and Ashton Vale once the Portishead branch line has been re-opened.
- A Non-Technical Summary of the draft Development Consent Order for the re-opening of the Portishead branch line as part of MetroWest Phase 1.
How did we consult?
Further details on how we consulted during this period are published in a Statement of Community Consultation (SoCC). The SOCC can be viewed here:
MetroWest document archive
Historic documents about the MetroWest Phase 1 project – including the business case, consultation reports and environmental information – can be viewed by clicking the link below:
Please note that some of the information in these historic documents has now been superceded and may be out of date.